Create Your Own Account, Save your Flight Plans, Import 3D Models, Export KML files to open in GoogleEarth or Export Waypoint Files to import into your favorite APM/Mavlink based Ground Control Station Software such as Mission Planner or APM Planner2. Start by double clicking waypoints in the 3D map area. By doing so, you agree to the terms below. You can create accounts and save your flightpaths to edit later, or just export them to Waypoint Mission files.
Select the Video above for a brief overview of the PaperDrone interface.
TO GIMBAL AROUND POINT ON GROUND: CONTROL+CLICK (on ground point)+DRAG
TO GIMBAL AROUND POINT VIEWPOINT: SHIFT+CLICK (on ground point)+DRAG
TO MOVE OVER SURFACE AT SAME ALTITUDE: COMMAND+CLICK+DRAG
PAPERDRONE.COM OFFERS THIS SOFTWARE AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THIS PLANNER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PAPERDRONE.COM ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE(S) OR INJURIES INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OF THIS BETA PROJECT.
Export KML Files
EXPORTING KML FILES FOR USE IN GOOGLE EARTH
Select the EXPORT Tab and choose KML. For instructions on using the KML simulation paths in Google Earth, select the link below.
Export MAVLINK Waypont Files
EXPORTING WAYPOINT.TXT FILES FOR USE IN GROUND CONTROL STATIONS
Waypoint Text files can be imported into Mission Planner, APM Planner 2, QGroundControl, or Andropilot and used to launch and monitor autonomous flight plans. Select the EXPORT Tab and choose Waypoint File.
Importing 3D Models
PaperDrone support the Import of 3D Collada Models using the DAE file format. Various 3D programs such as Blender, Sketchup, Maya, etc. support the Collada format.
Please note the following when creating and formatting 3D models for import into PaperDrone.
- The positive +Y-Axis will always point North by default, with the positive +Z-Axis emanating from the ground and pointing upward.
- Make sure you rotate your model in your favorite 3D program to account for the Y=North/South relationship as you will not be able to rotate the model along the Z-Axis once it has been imported.
- The Zero coordinate will be aligned with the insertion point in PaperDrone.
- You can choose a LAT and LON coordinate for the insertion point, or select the points from the first Home Waypoint selected in PaperDrone.
- Altitude of the insertion point can be determined in the Altitude field or get the ground position by selecting Get Ground Level button and then choosing the ground point in the PaperDrone Map.
- Upload Collada (*.DAE) file to open the file dialog and choose your model.
- NOTE: Model import is only available when a User is Logged into their account. Models will be saved in a user’s account and will appear only in that User’s View when logged in.
PaperDrone Planner starts from here. We encourage your suggestions as we begin our journey to provide the most powerful and intuitive planning interface for UAS and Civil Aviation.